We’re so excited to share our feature on CTV NEWS! One of our very own dentists, Dr. Robert Cappell spoke about the recent changes that have been implemented at Dentistry in Motion due to the new safety guidelines released by The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO).
You can see the full video here
Dentistry in Motion Segment
CTV asked about the adjustments that are being made in our dental office due to COVID-19. As dental practices begin to reopen across Canada, restrictions currently vary from province to province. Ontario remains to have some of the most rigorous measures in place. RCDSO has made 48 recommendations for dental practices, including that all mandating staff wear PPE on top of their scrubs, install floor to ceiling walls and doors, and to keep rooms vacant from 8 minutes to 3.5 hours between patients.
During the segment, Dr.Cappell addressed new measures of mandatory masks and patient temperature checks. He touches upon the expenses he’s endured to retrofit Dentistry in Motion for the optimal health and safety features. He reminds the news outlet that Dentistry in Motion remains dedicated to making both patients and staff feel safe and will continue to keep this a top priority. “Whatever it takes to make them feel comfortable is what we are going to do.” – Dr. Robert Cappell
New Changes at Dentistry in Motion
We hope to see our patients again soon and in the meantime, we continue to prepare with additional precautions in place. Please read some of the new developments below to help ensure your health and safety:
- Our parking lot is our new waiting room. Patients will be asked to leave a cell number with us and wait in their car. A member of our team will come to get you when it’s time for your appointment.
- A facemask will be required during appointments. If you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.
- Sanitizers are placed throughout for your convenience. We ask you to sanitize your hands upon entering our office.
- We will ensure COVID-19 pre-screenings are done before you arrive. An additional screening will take place when you arrive at the office.
- Your temperature will be taken at the office with an infrared thermometer and we will use a pulse oximeter to take your pulse to determine the oxygen % in your bloodstream.
- We ask you to come to your appointment by yourself. Only patients with an appointment and 1 guardian will be allowed entry.
- Social distancing protocols are in effect. Please maintain 6 feet (2 meters) of distance at all times.
- We have implemented surgically clean air purifiers to remove pathogens and filter the air in our office.
Our dedication to our patients has remained the same since day one. Dr.Cappell and the entire team at Dentistry in Motion are determined to make this transition as easy as possible for our patients. We are going above and beyond the guidelines to make sure you feel confident and safe coming in for your appointment. If you’re looking for more information about our North York dental office, visit our website at dentistryinmotion.com or call us at (416) 785-7564.