Sleep apnea occurs when a person’s breathing is regularly interrupted during sleep, leading to frequent awakenings that prevent them from achieving deep rest. The most common form of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which is specifically caused by a partial or full blockage of the airway.
– Common symptoms of OSA include the following:
– Regular, severe snoring
– Persistent exhaustion and fatigue in the mornings
– Trouble with memory and/or concentration
– A sore throat upon waking
– Morning headaches/migraines
– Constantly using the bathroom throughout the night
– Gasping or snorting during sleep (ask a bed partner or family member if they’ve noticed this)
Your custom-made oral appliance will comfortably reposition your jaw and/or tongue when worn. This will prevent the soft tissue collapse that leads to a blocked airway, reducing or even preventing the nighttime interruptions caused by sleep apnea altogether. The result? Patients will finally be able to wake up feeling well-rested and ready for the day ahead.