Teledentistry has gained quite a bit of popularity in 2020. With social distancing protocols in place throughout the country, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, teledentistry offers our patients a convenient, safe and effective way to check-in on their oral health.
What Is Teledentistry?
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario describes teledentistry as: “the use of information and communication technologies to provide care remotely, enables dentists to serve a variety of dental care needs while avoiding close contact with patients.” Teledentistry is mostly used for remote assessment and provision of dental care. If you have a dental concern, teledentistry allows patients to connect with their dentist quickly and remotely.
Benefits Of Teledentistry
Of course, there is always a time and a place for an in-person visit to your dentist, but it’s good to be open to the idea of teledentistry! Research has proven that teledentistry:
- Improves access to care for patients.
- More cost-effective.
- Makes in-office appointment times more accessible to other patients.
- Provides the same level of care to patients as in-office visits.
- Supports a cutting-edge solution for the healthcare industry.
Types Of Teledentistry
There are several different types of teledentistry options available. Depending on what your oral needs are, you and your dentist can decide which method is best for you.
- Live video (synchronous): A live, two-way communication option. Popular synchronous methods include Facetime and Zoom calls with your dentist.
- Store-and-forward (asynchronous): Photos, videos, and even digital impressions are securely stored for your dentist to review at a later time.
- Remote patient monitoring (RPM): A form of digital technology is used to collect patient data so they can be monitored remotely.
- Mobile health (mHealth): Healthcare and health education through mobile phones, tablets and computers.
Book Your Teledentistry Appointment in Toronto Today!
The best way to contact us is to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form on our website. We are currently booking appointments for new and existing patients for Toronto professional teeth whitening, Toronto children’s dentistry, Toronto dental implants and more! Book your teledentistry consultation today!
– The Dentistry in Motion Team